The lecture series, set to begin on Thursday, provides Sorrell College of Business students with opportunities to engage with area business people.
The Student Advisory Council of Troy University’s Sorrell College of Business will kick off the GEEKS Speak Lecture Series this week, featuring area business leaders speaking on topics ranging from personal finance to running a business as a student.
The lecture series builds off the college’s GEEKS initiative, which is designed to prepare students to be globally aware, engaged with the business community, ethical decision makers, knowledgeable to complete and successful.
The presentations are:
• “College Personal Finance Made Easier,” presented by Dianna Lee, Kayla Wright and Diane Aman of Troy Bank & Trust, 10 a.m., Thursday, Bibb Graves Hall room 143;
• “How to Make Your Customers Love You: Positive Business Strategies,” presented by Melode Smelko of Altrua Global Solutions, 1 p.m., March 29, in Bibb Graves Hall room 129;
• “Owning a Small Business in Small Town USA,” presented by Seth Parker of B. Graves, 10 a.m., April 3, Bibb Graves Hall room 143;
• “A Look at Horn Beverage,” presented by Donna Horn, 10 a.m., April 5, Bibb Graves Hall room 143;
• “Through the Lens of Aaron Wilhite Productions: Running a Business as a College Student,” presented by Aaron Wilhite, 11:30 a.m., Bibb Graves Hall room 211; and
• “Sips on the Square: Grow Your Business,” presented by Lyndsay Taylor, 1 p.m., April 12, in Bibb Graves Hall room 129.
For additional information, visit the Sorrell College of Business Facebook page.