Following a successful debut in August, Troy University is offering an expanding line-up of Flex Classes in Term 2, a new class format that combines the best features of the online and in-class experiences.
Flex classes are a hybrid of online and in-class learning. Classes offered in the Flex format hold regular in-class sessions (for now at TROY’s Dothan, Montgomery and Phenix City campuses), and each class session is streamed live online at the same time. In addition, recordings of each class session are available for on-demand viewing later.
Students enrolled in Flex classes can freely switch between formats based on their needs. Students can attend in person if they prefer the face-to-face experience, watch online from a location convenient to them, or catch up on classes they missed by watching them later. All coursework will be completed online.
“We were thrilled at the response to this new class format when it launched last month and are excited to expand the number of Flex Classes in Term 2,” said Dr. Lance Tatum, Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. “Flex Classes give you options to learn in the format that works best for you. Attend classes in person as your schedule permits, watch live online classes anytime you need to, or catch up on recorded class sessions.”
The Flex format is offering 10 classes in the Flex format in Term 2, which begins on Oct. 11:
- ACT-2292-DTHA, Principles of Accounting II, Dothan Campus
- CS-3330-MTHA, Data Structures and Algorithms, Montgomery Campus
- CS-4420-MTHA, Introduction to Database Systems, Montgomery Campus
- ECO-2251-PTHA, Principles of Macroeconomics, Phenix City Campus
- IR-6685-PTHA, Political Violence and Terrorism, Phenix City Campus
- MGT-6615-DTHA, Ethical Management and Leadership in A Global Economy, Dothan Campus
- MSM-6610-DTHA, Theories of Organizational Behavior, Dothan Campus
- MSM-6633-DTHA, Leading & Developing High Performance Teams, Dothan Campus
- MTH-2201-MTHA, Calculus and Its Applications, Montgomery Campus
- SWK-7701-DTHB, Advanced Social Work Practice With Individuals and Families, Dothan Campus
Registration for Term 2 continues through Oct. 18. For more information on Flex classes, visit: troy.edu/flex.