The enhanced list of scholarships, which will be available to those enrolling in fall 2020, will provide more opportunities for prospective students.
Troy University has enhanced its merit-based scholarships to further recognize high academic achievement and provide additional opportunities for prospective students.
The new list, which went into effect Sept. 1 and is available to students who will enroll in fall of 2020, represents changes to some existing scholarships, as well as some new scholarship programs.
“We vie for students in a very competitive environment. It is necessary that, given the value of a college degree, we offer students scholarship opportunities which will assist them in attaining that degree,” said Buddy Starling, Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management. “We are fortunate to be able to offer a diverse and competitive scholarship program in order to bring the best students to TROY.”
Included among the new scholarships is an upgrade to the Millennium Scholars Award, which features two tiers, one which provides tuition and traditional housing, which requires an ACT score of 30 (1360 RSAT) to 32 (1440 RSAT) and a high school GPA of 3.7, and one which provides tuition, full housing and meal plan, which requires a 33 (1450 RSAT) to 36 (1600 RSAT) score on the ACT and a 3.7 high school GPA. The Millennium Scholars Award is for entering freshmen.
Other scholarship opportunities, award amounts and their requirements are:
- Trojan Leadership Scholarship (four consecutive years), $2,000 to $4,000, ACT: 20 to 25 (1030-1220 RSAT), a high school GPA: 3.0; available to entering freshmen
- Chancellor’s Award (four consecutive years), $6,000 to $10,000, ACT: 26-29 (1230-1350 RSAT), a high school GPA: 3.5; available to entering freshmen
- TROY Legacy Scholarship, $1,000 (for one year), at least ACT: 20 (1030 RSAT), a high school GPA: 3.0, and must have a parent or grandparent who is an alumnus and a member of the Troy University Alumni Association or a local alumni chapter, available for entering freshmen
- Sunshine Scholars Award (renewable annually), $1,000 to $2,000, ACT: at least 20 (1030 RSAT), a high school GPA: 3.0, and must be a Florida resident and attend the Troy Campus; available for entering freshmen
- Online Transfer Award (two consecutive years), $1,500 ($300 per term), a 3.0 GPA, and must be an online learner; available for transfer students who are non-Alabama residents
- Transfer Merit Scholarship (two consecutive years), $2,000, 45 transfer credit hours, a 3.0 GPA, must be an Alabama resident, and attend one of TROY’s Alabama campuses in Troy, Montgomery, Dothan or Phenix City; available for transfer students
- Corporate Partnership, 10 percent tuition discount scholarship, for any degree-seeking student that is an employee of a corporate partner of the University.
For additional information, visit https://www.troy.edu/scholarships-costs-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships.html.