Hurricane Michael has proven to be one of the worst storms to hit the U.S. in roughly 50 years. For members of the Troy University community looking to get involved with helping out those who were affected by the storm, here’s five ways to do so.
1. Help the SGA collect supplies
Drop off the following items to the SGA office, Trojan Center 215, by noon Thursday, Oct. 18:
- Portable phone charger
- Batteries, AA, AAA
- Bottled water
- Gallons of water
- Toiletries (travel size shampoo and conditioner, body wash, shaving razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, etc).
- Utility gloves
- Baby wipes
- Baby food
- Sleeping bags
- Dog food
- Cat food
- Protein bars/snack Bars
- Trash bags
- Feminine Products
- First Aid items (bandages, antiseptic wipes, adhesive tape, gauze, etc).
2. Help Sigma Chi in their efforts to collect supplies and funds
They have also set up a Venmo account, and the money they collect will go toward buying supplies for those affected in Florida.
3. Volunteer to assist cleanup efforts in Dothan
This Saturday, Oct. 13, be at the LDS Church in Dothan by 8 a.m. to help the community clean things up.
Here are the address and phone number for the church:
4. Join the Oct. 20 volunteer trip to the panhandle.
Fill out this form for more information about going to the Panhandle to help with relief efforts.
5. Purchase a shirt from Alpha Omicron Pi
AOII sorority is selling $15 shirts to raise money. Contact a sister or visit this link to purchase yours today.