TROY’s Phenix City Campus will host its annual Honors Convocation ceremony on May 19 to recognize outstanding student achievement in a unique way.
The Phenix City Campus will host a limited contact, drive-up ceremony to recognize Honors students with health and safety in mind. Students will receive their awards of recognition in curbside fashion to the tune of Pomp and Circumstance playing across the campus. Honors students are scheduled to arrive during elected time blocks to limit person-to-person contact. Family members and friends of the honoree are encouraged to cheer them on from their parking spaces.
In mid-March, when classes transitioned online and many University personnel began working remotely, faculty and staff at the Phenix City Campus emphasized the importance of moving forward with planning a new version of the traditionally held ceremony, either virtually or from a distance.
“I felt bad for the students that worked so hard for this honor and are now being told that everything is canceled,” said TROY staff member, Linda Finley.
Each year, Troy University recognizes some of its very best graduating students at a special ceremony called Honors Convocation. This ceremony is a tradition of long-standing in Colleges and Universities across the country and around the world. I congratulate all of you for this wonderful honor and wish you the best in the future.Dr. David White, Vice Chancellor
Troy University recognizes the following Honors students for their achievements:
- Belen Morales, Global Business – Information Systems
- Clara Michelle Teter, Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Todd Wilson, Clinical Mental Health w/ Addictions Counseling
- Tommy Beauchamp, Elementary Education (K – 6)
- Jonathan Fischer, MS in Education – Industrial Leadership and Administration
- Yvette Bennett, Master in Social Work
- Jacob Saldivar, Master in Management
- Shakeria Cheatham, Rehabilitation and Disability Studies
- Natalie Corbitt, Early Childhood Education (Pre-K – 3)
- Mary Lovett Anderson, Family Nurse Practitioner – MSN
- Mary Gaffney, Criminal Justice
- Tonya McBee, Bachelor of Science – Human Services
- Angela Cofer, Global Business – General Business
- Angel Hill, Global Business – Accounting and Finance
- Keith Gholston, Global Business – Human Resource Management
- Elizabeth Lane, Master of Accounting and Finance
- Christina Reynolds, Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Mary Rae Preavy, RN to BSN
- Denise Brownlee, Psychology
- Wanda Marshall, Rehabilitation Counseling
- Brittany Parker, School Counseling
The Spring Honors Convocation Ceremony will be held Tuesday, May 19 in Phenix City. For the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff, this event is not open to the public.