Troy University faculty and staff will show their appreciation for students during the University’s third annual Student Appreciation Day on Wednesday, April 5.
Students will be able to enjoy free food, prizes and activities at all four of TROY’s campuses in Alabama, and support centers throughout the United States. TROY Online students will also have the opportunity to win prizes throughout the day through Trojan Café.
“The TROY faculty clearly appreciates our students every day and works hard to ensure student success in the classroom and beyond, serving as mentors and advisers to numerous clubs and societies, taking students on study abroad trips, and much more,” said Dr. Margaret Gnoinska, president of the Faculty Senate. “Troy University Student Appreciation Day on April 5 offers an opportunity for faculty and staff to thank all Troy University students for their commitment to academic success and service toward making a difference in the lives of others through their chosen discipline. It offers a way for faculty and staff to interact with students outside of the classroom and office hours to engage in conversation over refreshments, pizza, and cookies. Such interactions are crucial to fostering a relationship with our students to get to know them and understand them better, so we can create even a closer sense of the Trojan community.”
During the day, student winners of $100 book scholarships from Barnes & Noble will be named as a part of Student Appreciation Day Book Scholarship contest. Winning entries will also be given a one year free membership in the Troy University Student Alumni Association.
All students will receive a 25 percent discount coupon code to Barnes & Noble via email.
Student Appreciation Day activities by location include:
• Troy Campus, Bibb Graves Quad: refreshments from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with give-aways during the day.
• Dothan Campus: Pizza, drinks, and snacks will be served between 11:30 a.m – 1:00 p.m. and again from 4:15-5:15 p.m. Drawings will be held for give-a-ways and Sonic will provide drink tokens and coupons for students.
• Montgomery Campus: all students are invited to stop by the Whitley Lobby 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. or 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. for free pizza and soda, door prizes and the chance to receive gift cards and a scholarship for one free course. The drawings for the gift cards and t-shirts will be held at 11:45 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. and students must be present to win. The drawing for the scholarship will be at 5:15 p.m. and students do not need to be present to win. Students can register for the scholarship starting on Monday at the Whitley Information Desk for those who may not be able to be present on campus on Wednesday.
• Phenix City Campus (Hwy 431, Riverfront campuses and Columbus site): Refreshments and give-aways, courtesy of corporate and community sponsors, will be provided April 3-6 prior to class from 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 EST. Sponsors include: Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Russell County School District, Aflac, Papa Johns, Phenix City School District, Epic Restaurant, Whitewater Express, Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital, TROY Student Success Center, Troy Bank & Trust, Barnes & Noble.
• TROY Online: Give-aways throughout the day in Trojan Café, including TROY t-shirts, tumblers and totes.
• Altamonte Springs/Orlando: Light refreshments and beverages will be available to all enrolled in-class and online students in the Orlando area. TROY give-a-ways will also be handed out and a t-shirt raffle will be held at 6 p.m.
• Fort Walton Beach: Refreshments will be provided throughout the day on April 5 for all students in the Fort Walton Beach area. There will be a drawing for a TROY goodie bag with two winners – one in-class and one online student. Membership information for the Emerald Coast Alumni Chapter will also be available.
• Panama City: All Panama City area students will be invited to join the faculty and staff at the Panama City Support Center for light refreshments throughout the day on April 5. There will be a drawing for a TROY bag filled with goodies. Two winners will be selected – one in class and one online student will be chosen. Membership information for the Panama City Area Chapter of Troy University Alumni and Friends will be available as well.
• Pensacola: All Pensacola area students will be invited to join the faculty and staff for light refreshments throughout the day on April 5. The celebration for this event will include a verbal word of appreciation along with the presentation of a University promotional gift bag for in-class and online students in the Pensacola area.
• San Antonio: All online students in the San Antonio area will be invited to a Student Appreciation Day Mixer on the evening of April 5. Refreshments will be served, and there will be give-aways during the event. Information on career services, Trojan Café and TROY scholarships will also be available during the event.
• Tampa: Light refreshments and beverages will be available to all enrolled in-class and online students in the Tampa area. TROY give-a-ways also be handed out and a TROY t-shirt raffle will be held at 6 p.m.
• Tyndall Air Force Base: Light refreshments will be available for students who come to the Ed Center on base. In addition, a drawing will be held for a goodie basket of TROY items. Social media and email correspondence will be posted thanking students for their hard work and dedication to TROY.
Additional information on Student Appreciation Day is available online.